About this product
Made in the United States
• Limited Lifetime Warranty (strongest in the industry)
• Removes heat during the hot summer months and removes moisture that can cause mold and mildew in the winter.
• During hot summer months your attic can reach temperatures in excess of 160°F. By using the yellowblue™ solar attic fans with proper ventilation you can keep your attic temperature within 5° to 10°F of outside temperature all day long.
• Because heat is reduced in the attic, the cooled air running through the ventilation ducts won’t heat up before reaching the rooms you want to cool. This not only reduces the amount of time the air conditioner is on, it prolongs the life of the air conditioning system by not overworking the system.
• Asphalt shingle life is extended when attics are properly ventilated because the roof decking is not allowed to overheat. • Properly ventilated attics reduce the likelihood that moisture will rot the roof deck and framing or cause growth of mold and mildew in construction materials.
• Attic ventilation is essential in cold climates because ice dams can form when snow melts over a homes heated spaces and that water will run down the roof, only to freeze again over the cold eaves. The water will also flow under shingles and into the attic causing serious damage. The thaw/freeze cycle can be prevented when proper attic ventilation is in place and attic temperatures are kept consistent .
• Proper attic ventilation with the yellowblue™ solar fans increases fresh air circulation and reduces moist air and household off-gas build up.
Many of our competitors are overstating the performance of their products and we want you to be confident the products you purchase from us will do the job you expect them to do.
• Two to four times more air movement than any competitive product on the market.
• Doesn’t cost one penny to operate! It’s completely powered by the sun!
• An average consumer can expect to reduce AC usage by a few hours every day
• The 20 watt panel fans can extract from 800 to 900 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) of hot stale air out of your attic.
• yellowblue™ solar fans qualify for the 30% tax credit on materials and installation through the “Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit for Photovoltaic Systems”
• High performance brushless DC motor
• Completely sealed
• Stainless steel double-shielded ball bearings
• Balanced Vibration isolation system to minimize structure-borne noise
• Motor electronics control board software includes the following special features:
1. Maximum Power Point Technology (MPPT), which maintains the highest air-flow. This feature is not available on any other competitive product in the world
2. Locked rotor protection
3. Thermal overload protection
4. Variable voltage input range of 9 – 24 VDC 5. Long service life (expected life span 35 years)
• 300mm Reinforced Polymer (which reduces noise)
• Dynamically balanced impeller (no need to adjust fan blades after installation)
• Aerodynamically optimized blade profile and winglets to improve airflow
• Operates whisper quiet throughout the day.
• Aesthetically pleasing appearance
• Proprietary imbedded design for maximum curb appeal and system performance
• 20-watt solar panel, 1.13 amp proprietary
• Multilayered high tech aerospace grade material sandwich our imbedded solar panels
• High efficiency multi-crystalline PV Module • Outstanding low-light performance
• High transparent low-iron, tempered glass
• Solar panel is sealed to the hood creating a water-tight weather-proof seal
• Rugged design to withstand high wind pressure, hail and snow load
• Flashing design is seamless spun-formed aluminum to eliminate leaks
• Cone shaped designed improves system performance via the venturi effect
• Weather resistant powder coated finish on all exposed fan parts
• Fireproof with NO plastic parts
• High quality gauge stainless steel screen keeps out undesirable creatures and debris
• Double reinforced aluminum halo supports the vital components so the fan will not warp over time
• Internal cowling has smooth and exacting shapes to reduce air turbulence
• Motor mount air diversion system provides a dramatic improvement over all other competitors because of it’s ability to quickly divert attic air out of the compression section of the fan to the outside
• Works just like a jet engine intake and exhaust system
- How does a Solar Attic Fan work?
The summer sun can turn an attic into an oven, and you live just inches away from all of that heat. Attic temperatures reaching as high as 165 degrees Fahrenheit are not unusual, and most electrically powered attic fans don’t even switch on until the temperature reaches 125 degrees. While attics may have passive ventilation and perhaps insulation as well, this is not really enough. An active ventilation system, with a solar powered fan, is much more effective since it actually forces the hot air out of the attic. By keeping the attic cooler, less heat will radiate into the living area of your home. By reducing the load placed on your air-conditioner you lower your electricity bill and extend the life of your AC unit. This is where the money is saved.
- What other benefits can I expect to gain from installing a Solar Attic Fan?
Apart from energy conservation, a solar powered attic fan has other benefits. Hot air in a hot attic can hold lots of moisture, and during the evening this will condense out (like dew) on wood and other building materials. This moisture contributes to the growth of mold and fungus, and can encourage insect infestation. Attic ventilation is required in cool weather as well. It evacuates the warm moist air that heat sources produce. Hot moist air lingering in the attic spaces can condense on the underside of the roof sheathing and rot it out and also causes mold to develop on the interior walls. Here in Hawaii, cooler air in the attic space will not affect the temperature in the adjacent living spaces.While summer comfort is the main concern for most shoppers, moisture is actually the more serious concern. Even with the use of vapor barriers to keep moisture from entering the attic, there are air leaks around ceiling light fixtures and bathroom exhaust fans that allow unwanted moisture into the attic. Moisture condensing on the framing members and the inside of the roof deck can lead to the growth of mold, mildew and rot in the roof deck and framing. A good indicator of moisture problem is rusty roof nails sticking through the roof deck.
- Does a Solar Attic Fan make my roof last longer?
Yes, a Solar Attic fan can extend the life of the roofing materials. Keeping the roof cooler, and dryer, will increase the lifespan of your roofing materials; these benefits can be large; consider the cost of a 30 year roof vs. a 20 year roof. 10 years of roof life is expensive. Though asphalt shingles are designed to take the abuse of the sun for many years, they are subjected to greater temperatures when the roof decking is allowed to overheat, which is just what happens in an under ventilated attic. Though asphalt shingles are designed to take the abuse of the sun for many years, they are subjected to greater temperatures when the roof decking is allowed to overheat, which is just what happens in an under ventilated attic.
- How do I determine what size Solar Attic Fan I need for my home?
The guidelines for energy efficient homes in Hawaii state that you need 1 cubic foot of air movement per minute for every one square foot of roof/attic area. Or to put it simply, if you have a 1,500 square foot home you’ll need a fan that can exhaust 1,500 cubic feet per minute.
- I’ve heard that here in Hawaii, the Solar Attic Fans can rust, is this true? (type of material the fans are made of).
All the manufacturers go to great lengths to prevent this from happening. Most fans are made from many different materials, Aluminum alloys, Stainless Steel, Polymer composites and thermoplastic coated galvanized materials. Florida has the worst weather in the country and the toughest building codes. So most manufacturers design their fans to meet Florida standards. In Florida, you could have rain, sleet, hail, snow, tornadoes, hurricanes and golf balls, and that could be all in one day. And, that’s why we live here Hawaii.
- Will my roof leak when you cut a hole in it for the Solar Attic Fan?
If installed by a trained and experienced person, your roof will never leak. We have perfected ways of putting solar fans on all types of roofing material. Every job we do gets a 5 year leak-free guarantee.
- Are there any available tax credits or rebates?
Yes, you can receive a 30% federal tax credit on your Solar Attic Fan, a 35% state tax credit and a $50 rebate from Hawaii Energy. Visit their website for the form and more information on other energy saving measures you can take.
- Finally, solar powered attic fans do their job better than conventional electrical powered fans. They use no extra energy; in fact they use the same solar energy that heats the house to keep the house cooler. Their electric motors are virtually silent and they need no extra wiring, and no additional circuit breakers for installation. Since they are not connected to your homes electric power system, a licensed electrician is not needed for installation. There are no hidden costs with installation or during operation.
Self flashing – a flat flange at the base, used on low profile roofing materials, (composite shingle roofing, rolled roofing, etc.).Curb mount flashing – base edges are turned down to be used on a prefabricated curb, typically used on tile or metal roofing.Tile mount roofing – used with the Solar Star brand only, allows installation on any tile
roofing without having to build and flash a curb.Low profile flashing – used in high wind
applications and any low profile roofing material.High profile flashing – used on thicker roofing
materials Ike cedar shake or tile roofing materials.Gable mount type solar fans – mounted behind an installed gable vent to blow hot air out. Â A remote solar panel is mounted on the roof to supply power through an extension cord. Â These can also be used to ventilate shops, crawl spaces as well as attics.Hood mount solar panel– larger solar panels are bolted directly to the top surface of
the fan housing.Embedded solar panel – panels are built into the top surface of the solar fan housing.Tilt mount solar panel – adjustable solar panel angle allows installation on any roof
face (North, South, East or West). Ideal for use in home owners associations that don’t allow any additions to the front roof face. Adjust panel to face straight up for best summer performance.Remote/detached solar panel – allows installation of panel on the opposite side of the roof from the fan. Also sometimes desirable in high wind areas.
There are no reviews yet.